Skip to main content

Reiko Hamano and Eric Vong's Jujube seed sprouted on May 29


Reiko Hamano planted Jujube seed at Miracle Garden on May 10 and her seed sprouted on May 29. The sprout is so tiny so we hope this is a healthy Jujube seedling. Click the pic to enlarge to observe the whimsical sprout. This is the first Jujube seed sprouting in Tree Project 2009. Congrats!


New Picture on June 9th, 2009
The sprout looks bigger than May 29th!!

「種から、植物を育てるのって良いですね。その辺の店で、もう芽がついて葉がでているのを育てるのとは、訳が違う。この芽が弱いのでよけいにというのもありますが、毎日起きては成長してるかなと、一つの楽しみになってます。そんな経験、今まで、なかったような。(小さい頃も私そんなことしたことなかったのかなっと自分でも不思議ながら。)」
---浜野れいこ

"Growing a plant from a seed is a grateful experience. it is quite different to care for a potted plant from a store. My sprout is, as of now, so weak and so tiny. This perhaps causes me to pay more attention to it. Seeing my sprout every morning is a bit of a caution but also a lot of anticipation for my sprout. I am now aware of this feeling that I haven't experienced in my past, or have I when I was still little."
---Reiko Hamano

Pic update of Jujube on June 23, 2009
It look like it is standing up!!

A recent update of Jujube Seedling.
Now it is getting stronger, bigger and bigger!!



「すっごい成長っぷりにびっくりでしょ。しかも、ほんとは、その芽の茎の先に大きな葉がなっていたらしいんです。友達(真矢さん)曰く、窓から外に出さないと育たなかったとのことでした。で、真矢(マヤ)さんが植木を窓から外に出しまま出かけていたら、その間にサンダーストームが来てしまって、葉が取れてしまったみたいです。」”Aren't you surprised with how much My Jujube grew! But before it grew a large leave on top of the stem. Then My friend (house sitter while I was away) took the plant outside for the sun, then thunderstorm broke the large leave."
---Reiko Hamano

Anyhow, Congrats with such a growth. It is not simple story with Jujube!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York: Florian Altenburg & Maika Pollack's Persimmon seeds sprouted

J une 14 at 2:06pm "Hello Dear, My persimmon tree sprouted a few days ago! H ere is one photo of our persimmon plant--more to come! " xoxo ----Maika Congrats, Maika, we look forward to pics with your smile!

Chie's Sprouts! Sprouting update (2 persimmons) and “Mother Altar” exhibition at the Mother Gallery.

The Tree Project's Hibaku Ginkgo seeds are in a group show, “Mother Altar,” at the Mother Gallery.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/arts/design/virtual-art-galleries.html

THE HAPPY, HAPPY END 28 - Alberto and new Hibaku seeds in Argentina

Hi Hiroshi The three sprouts are happy We take them into a larger pot and put belio the earth seeds of corn to fertilize. The green pasture therefore is corn We will control corn not to grow too much Kind Alberto