Skip to main content

Western Washington: Bill Newton's Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) and Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) trees seeds

Here is my correspondence with Bill about his Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) and Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) trees. He had sent me a bunch of these seeds and I am wondering if Tree Project participants would like some of these tree seeds.

Hiroshi I live in western Washington and my home is in the middle of a forest mostly Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) and Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) trees. At the moment I have some Douglas Fir seeds collected over the last few weeks. I don't sell them but send them to anyone interested in starting them. I start many species from seed mostly conifers. Let me know if you are interested. I would need an address to send them to. Have a great day! Bill Newton
Bill,

Once I used to live in Bellingham WA for 6 months about 18 years ago. I would love Cedar seeds. Please send me these seeds. I would send you back some stamps for the shipping. It sounds like you live in a very peaceful environment.

Best Regards,
Hiroshi
Hiroshi Now that Christmas is over I will send the seeds this week. I will include some Douglas Fir seeds and if you find anyone interested please pass them on.
I went out to the nearest Cedar tree which is about four feet thick and shook a limb and the seeds rained down. Good luck with the growing. Best Regards, Bill

PS Please don't worry about the postage.
Thank you Bill, I received your seeds last night. I will plant some myself as well as giving to people who are interested!! I am so looking forward to the sprouts. Do you have any instructions to planting?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York: Florian Altenburg & Maika Pollack's Persimmon seeds sprouted

J une 14 at 2:06pm "Hello Dear, My persimmon tree sprouted a few days ago! H ere is one photo of our persimmon plant--more to come! " xoxo ----Maika Congrats, Maika, we look forward to pics with your smile!

Chie's Sprouts! Sprouting update (2 persimmons) and “Mother Altar” exhibition at the Mother Gallery.

The Tree Project's Hibaku Ginkgo seeds are in a group show, “Mother Altar,” at the Mother Gallery.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/arts/design/virtual-art-galleries.html

THE HAPPY, HAPPY END 28 - Alberto and new Hibaku seeds in Argentina

Hi Hiroshi The three sprouts are happy We take them into a larger pot and put belio the earth seeds of corn to fertilize. The green pasture therefore is corn We will control corn not to grow too much Kind Alberto