Skip to main content

Bronx, New York: Alex Neroulias's Persimmon Update!

All Photos: Anna Purves
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey Hiroshi, I hope you are doing well. I wanted to give you an update on the status of our Hibaku Persimon tree (Lou Lou)

I'm happy to report that this spring Lou Lou grew taller and sprouted new leaves. I decided that this would be a good time to transplant her into a bigger pot. The photos I included were taken by Anna Purves during the transplanting process. Already in the past few days since changing her pot she has sprouted even more leaves. Even though it has been 2 great years, she is still very young and fragile. Right now she requires the support of a little crutch, at least until her trunk grows a bit more. She lives up here in the Bronx with me but has really become a member of the whole family. Recently I have found myself traveling around the world quite often, not knowing when and for how long I would be home for. During this time my parents and little brothers have stepped up and shared the responsibility of caring for our little tree. I will continue showing love and keeping a close eye until she is ready to be planted outside for a more permanent home. I look forward to the day when she can bury her roots deep into the earth and maybe even bear fruit. She is a little beacon of light in my life and I can say with conviction; I love this little tree :) Thanks Hiroshi. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves.."

Best,
Alex Neroulias



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York: Florian Altenburg & Maika Pollack's Persimmon seeds sprouted

J une 14 at 2:06pm "Hello Dear, My persimmon tree sprouted a few days ago! H ere is one photo of our persimmon plant--more to come! " xoxo ----Maika Congrats, Maika, we look forward to pics with your smile!

Chie's Sprouts! Sprouting update (2 persimmons) and “Mother Altar” exhibition at the Mother Gallery.

The Tree Project's Hibaku Ginkgo seeds are in a group show, “Mother Altar,” at the Mother Gallery.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/arts/design/virtual-art-galleries.html

THE HAPPY, HAPPY END 28 - Alberto and new Hibaku seeds in Argentina

Hi Hiroshi The three sprouts are happy We take them into a larger pot and put belio the earth seeds of corn to fertilize. The green pasture therefore is corn We will control corn not to grow too much Kind Alberto